— Malaysia's 1st Perfume Subscription Blog
Timeless Scents To Add To Your Collection
In the world of glamour and fashion, countless creations have already been down the runway, but only a few remarkable pieces truly stood the test of time. From the classic Chuck Taylor shoes, Levi’s denim pants, and even the good ol’ plain white shirt, these pieces have been in the wardrobes of multiple generations.
Similarly, in perfumery, countless fragrances have been concocted throughout history, yet only a handful of these can truly be called a classic.
Whether you’re looking for a luxurious scent for your dinner date or for that refreshing spritz perfect for a summer outing, these 5 timeless scents should be added to your fragrance collection right away — ‘cause there’s no way they’re going out of style.
1. Chanel No. 5
Wherever you look, this Chanel scent always comes up as a quintessential classic scent. Inspired and made for “The Modern Woman”, Coco Chanel wanted to bring an aroma that reflected their sensual and complex sensibilities. Out of this came the seductive fragrance with a multi-faceted floral scent — truly bringing the ‘class’ in ‘classy’.
2. Daisy by Marc Jacobs
With every summer bringing a new addition to the collection, Marc Jacobs made sure the Daisy fragrance remains a constant. And it’s a constant for good reason.
With this perfume, the fragrance house bottled a floral scent that screams “flower power”. Featuring notes of strawberry, violet leaves, and jasmine, this scent is a must-have if you’re looking for a long-lasting summer scent. Careful, though — with a sweet floral scent like this, you might end up being a little bee’s favourite flower.
3. Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
This alluring fragrance is responsible for putting the luxury fashion house on the perfume world’s radar. Opium by YSL is coveted as the must-have evening fragrance every woman can wear.
On the flip side, this is also one of the most scandalous scents ever released, entirely because of its name. Although some countries banned this particular perfume, lucky for us, YSL didn’t take this to heart and blessed us with more beautiful scents.
If you’re looking for an elegant fragrance that’ll surely turn heads, this is the perfect fit for you. But again, a word of advice: As the name implies, it is alluringly addictive. You won’t stop reaching for it once you take a whiff
4.Miss Dior Originale
This scent opens with an energetic burst of citrus and berries, diving into notes of jasmine and rose, together with iris and musky notes. It’s a revitalising fragrance infused with red camellia extract.
A true classic, the N°1 Chanel L’Eau Rogue has ingredients that stimulate cellular vitality. Try this if you want a scent that refreshes and invigorates.
5. Calvin Klein One
If you lived through the 90s, then this one is no stranger to you. We’re taking a trip down memory lane with the CK One. Known for blurring the line between masculine and feminine, this perfume ended up being loved by both him and her.
A universal fragrance for any type of day is a must-have, and the CK One pulls no punches with its citrusy, fruity, clean and warm notes. It opens with a burst of citrus and fruits, and as it dries it releases its green and floral notes while keeping its musk woody base.
The Calvin Klein One straddles both sides of the line, and it does so with grace and elegance. If you’re looking for an inexpensive fragrance to be your everyday wear, this is perfect for you.
Classics will always be classy
When it comes to things you enjoy, making them last longer is a must. With these timeless scents, you won’t have to worry about updating your collection every year. They’re staples for a reason, beloved by many and rejoiced for its integrity in the perfume world.
If you’re hesitant about sticking to old classics, you can always liven them up by mixing them with newer fragrances. Here at Scentses + Co, you’ll find a multitude of aromas perfect to partner with the classic names. Who knows, you might just find the next timeless perfume here. Subscribe today!
• Morrill, H. (2013, October 16). #theLIST: Scent of a Woman. Chanel No. 5, Diorissimo, and More Classic Fragran. www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup/advice/g3046/10-classic-perfumes/
• Phelps, E. (2021, September 30). Timeless Fragrances that Will Have Everyone Asking What You're Wearing. Southern Living. www.southernliving.com/fashion-beauty/beauty-makeup/timeless-fragrances
• Venables, E. (2021, July 5). Timeless perfumes you need in your wardrobe. The Perfume Shop. https://www.theperfumeshop.com/blog/fragrance/timeless-perfumes/
• Visockiene, I. (2019, December 30). 12 Most Classic Perfumes Of All Time. Viora London. http://vioralondon.com/most-classic-perfumes-of-all-time
• (2016, July 29). 9 Perfumes That Are Classic And Timeless For Work. Her World Singapore. www.herworld.com/gallery/fashion/shopping/perfumes-work/
• (2021, March 26). CK One by Calvin Klein Fragrance Review. Best Men's Colognes. https://bestmenscolognes.com/ck-one-review-calvin/
• (2021, August 3). 10 Of The Best Timeless & Classical Perfumes For Women, For Every Occasion. Beauty Insider. www.beautyinsider.sg/best-perfumes-for-women-singapore/
Start your perfume journey today!