— Malaysia's 1st Perfume Subscription Blog
5 Masculine Fragrances That Steal Hearts
Photo by Ushindi Namegabe
The dating game can be a tough space to be in, especially if you’re out there unarmed without the right scent. Sure, you can be all dressed up, looking crisp, but that’s just one part of the battle. Partnering that dapper look with the right scent will complete the experience. And doing so will leave you feeling at your best in your skin, ready to make your date fall in love.
Looking for the right scent can be a daunting task. There are a plethora of fragrances at your disposal, ranging from clean to musky, and so on. And we know sorting through it all can be overwhelming. Luckily for you, we've listed down great starting points for that "Steal Yo’ Heart" scent.
1. Le Labo Santal 33 Eau De Parfum
To start us off is the now cult classic Le Labo Santal 33. An ode to the American West with a masculine touch and a love for personal freedom, this modern classic sensually pulls you in with its soft treatment of leather and milky sandalwood.
The Santal 33 will make anyone smell great. So if you’re looking to start light and work your way up, this could be your perfect everyday scent. Plus, there’s no way of wearing this scent wrong!
2. Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club
If you’re looking for something with a little more jazz (no pun intended), the Replica Jazz Club fits the bill. With just a whiff, you’ll transport anyone into a dimly-lit jazz club surrounded by fine cigars, leather chairs, and alluring cocktails. Like the space it’s named after, this fragrance is all about style and sophistication.
Inspired by the warm and spicy aroma that dwells in jazz clubs, this fragrance is perfect for that relaxed night out with your bae. If you ever feel like being sophisticated, then this scent is the way to go. And did we mention it also works as a unisex fragrance?
Discover this perfume here.
3. Hermès, H24
Being the new pillar for masculine scents since the release of their own Terre d’Hermès in 2006, the Hermès H24 had a big shoe to fill in. And we can all agree that the H24 hits it out of the park.
Christine Nagel, the olfactory concocter behind the H24, truly hit the spot with their latest scent. Designed for the contemporary man in the modern age, the fragrance is agile, vibrant and full of motion. The aromatic green fragrance brings you in with notes of sage, narcissus, rosewood, and sclarene, melding you perfectly with your environment. If you’re looking for something distinct, soft, warm and clean without being overpowering, then this is for you.
Discover this perfume here.
4. Calvin Klein, Eternity
One of the more enduring scents from Calvin Klein, Eternity embodies the romantic floral scent inspired by everlasting love. Since its release in 1998, this classic scent has made a name for itself as an easy scent to pick out. Packed with green aromatics like sage and velvetier blended beautifully with cedar makes it a great outdoors scent. Whether you’re wearing it for a casual date or an anniversary dinner, it’s got your back for eternity.
Discover this perfume here.
5. Chanel, Bleu de Chanel
Rounding off our list is a classic from Chanel: The Bleu de Chanel has all that you’d want in a scent. It’s fresh and long-lasting. It combines in it a refined and crisp fragrance that’ll leave you smelling great from day to night. Its unique blend of incense, ginger and citrus brings in a sense of freshness whilst holding you on the ground with its cedar and grapefruit notes. With one spritz, you’ll be hit with a freshness that will make heads turn.
Just be you, and you’ll still end up stealing hearts
Choosing the right fragrance is a deeply personal choice. Countless factors come into play which makes it even more difficult to choose a scent. But the truth is, there really are no rules to it, it’s all up to you.
So whether you want to make a great impression on a first date, or you wanna make your S.O. fall in love with you over and over, remember that a good fragrance is just one part of the picture. Show your true self, make them feel loved, and for sure you’ll get your dearest swooning over you!
If you’re still dreading choosing a fragrance for you, you’re in luck. You can sign up for Scentses+Co’s monthly fragrance subscription. You’ll have countless fragrances to bask in without breaking the bank.
• 17 Best Colognes for Men That He’ll Love. (2022, June 28). Brides. https://www.brides.com/best-colognes-for-men-5209997
• Allaire, C. (2021, November 11). 23 of the Best Colognes for Men to Try in 2021. Vogue. https://www.vogue.com/article/best-colognes-for-men
• The Best Fragrances for Men, According to the Ones That Wear Them. (2019, November 27). Byrdie. https://www.byrdie.com/best-male-fragrances-4772620
• Clark, A. (2022, June 29). Best men’s aftershaves and fragrances 2022: Creed to Prada. British GQ. https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/gallery/favourite-fragrances
• DeAcetis, J. (2021, December 23). The Best Fragrances And Scents For Men Who Want To Be Noticed. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/josephdeacetis/2021/11/05/the-best-fragrances-and-scents-for-men/?sh=52d21f554273
• Esquire Editors and Roberta Schroeder. (2022, June 13). The Best Men’s Fragrances on Earth, Because Your Scent Says a Lot About You. Esquire. https://www.esquire.com/uk/style/grooming/g38766295/best-fragrances-for-men/
• Harrison, C. (2022, February 21). The Best Colognes For Men To Smell Handsome. Luxe Digital. https://luxe.digital/lifestyle/beauty/best-men-colognes/
• Hurly, A., & Grossman, A. (2022, April 4). 18 Best Colognes for Men in 2022: The Best-Smelling Colognes on the Market. GQ. https://www.gq.com/story/best-colognes-for-men
• Kinosian, J. (2019, March 14). 10 men’s fragrances that women love — for themselves. Los Angeles Times. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2011-jan-09-la-ig-menscent-20110109-story.html
• Regensdorf, L. (2022, June 2). The Best Cologne for Men, According to 10 Cool Dads This Father’s Day 2022. Vanity Fair. https://www.vanityfair.com/style/photos/2022/06/best-cologne-for-men-to-shop-now
Start your perfume journey today!