— Malaysia's 1st Perfume Subscription Blog
4 Fragrances Perfect For Your Staycation
Photo by Vlada Karpovich
From time to time, you’ll need to take a break from the noise of the world. People would often have a vacation to the beach, or maybe the woods. But of course, nothing beats a good ol’ staycation at home because — let’s be honest — there’s nothing like the comfort of unwinding in your own space.
That said, sometimes a staycation won’t quite cut it as it lacks that vacation feel you’re looking for. It can fall short on the atmosphere that you need for a good downtime.To overcome this, you can envelop your space in a fragrance that will transport you to a place you desire – whether you’d want to explore the urban jungle of New York, or perhaps float away in the summer breeze of the Mediterranean sea. Whatever you decide on, there’ll be no shortage of scents to bring you into that vacation vibe.
A single spritz can instantly send you to your dream destination, albeit through the olfactory. The best part is, you’ll still be in your PJs, in the comfort of your own home. Keep reading to find out which fragrances are perfect for an immersive staycation.
1. New York: Comme Des Garçons Concrete Eau De Toilette
Photo by Craig Adderley
Kicking us right off is a fragrance that can give you a vibe of ‘the city that never sleeps’, a.k.a. New York — Comme Des Garçons’ Concrete. This fragrance embodies the industrial yet warm atmosphere present in highly-urbanised cities.
Don’t freak out, though — it doesn’t give off a literal concrete aroma! Kidding aside, the first spritz will hit you with a creaminess that mellows as it develops. It follows through with the woodsy warmth of sandalwood. It’s sweet and woody, with a hint of spice.
Housed in their signature flat layout bottle wrapped in a layer of smooth cement, everything about Concrete was masterfully crafted to be the fragrance choice of the sophisticated.
2. Sicily: Dolce & Gabbana Fruit Collection Lemon Eau De Toilette
Photo by Katarzyna Modrzejewska
If you need to escape the hustle and bustle of urban life, then let this fragrance transport you to the sun-soaked atmosphere of Sicily. The Dolce & Gabbana Lemon will pull you into the uplifting and dynamic energy of the Italian island, from the vibrant markets of Palermo to the sun-kissed breeze of the Sicilian coastline.
Easily identifiable by a lemon-shaped cap, this perfume is all about freshness. The D&G Lemon is a remarkable burst of fruity and citrusy, showering you in a freshness like no other. It has notes of Sicilian Lemon, Calabrian bergamot, and Petitgrain, with a hit of Ginger for some excitement and a base note of Haitian Vetiver.
3. India: Jo Malone London Jasmine Sambac & Marigold Cologne Intense
Photo by Maahid Photos
Jo Malone London is known for bottling the scents of the world for everyone to bask in, and their Jasmine Sambac & Marigold is no different. It features the aroma of jasmine sambac, the queen of all jasmines, to transport you into the elegant and bustling nights of India.
Meticulously concocted by Celine Roux and Mathilde Bijaoui, this floral scent celebrates the more delicate notes of jasmine perfectly balanced with marigold. It brings with it sweetness from orange blossoms and honey that gives you a youthful feel.
If you’re looking for an elegant, delicate floral scent to match your downtime, this is the right scent for you. Perfect for those young floral nights out or better yet, nights in.
4. Canada: Maison Margiela Replica Autumn Vibes
Photo by ennvisionn
When we say Canada, the first things that might come to mind are maple syrup, hockey, or Ryan Reynolds. Don’t get us wrong, Ryan Reynolds is great, but the Maison Margiela Replica Autumn is a completely different thing on its own. Inspired by an escape into the autumn forests of Canada, this scent will transport you to the middle of the warm embrace of the towering Canadian wilderness.
The Autumn fragrance has a distinct spice to it, followed by the dry warmth of cedarwood. With a scent profile like that, it pulls you into a crisp and cosy sense of refuge. One whiff and you’ll feel like you’re surrounded by tall trees, with golden leaves enveloping you in a state of relaxation and contemplation.
Moreover, this scent is perfect to match with your sweater and that pumpkin spice latte you’ve been craving for — truly a memorable scent for anyone who enjoys cosiness.
Smell great as you unwind at home.
Giving yourself some time to unwind and relax will always be good for your wellness. Use the staycation time for contemplation and recovery, and make sure you’re comfortable to the highest degree. Bask in the quietness, great company, and elegant aroma with the help of your chosen perfume.
If you’re still deciding which vibe you want to have for your staycation, you’re in luck. You can sign up for Scentses + Co’s fragrance subscription to try out scents on a monthly basis. Have fun discovering your next go-to perfume!
• Chenal, L. (2022, June 14). 10 Best Summer Perfumes to Transport You to Sunnier Shores. Leonce Chenal. https://leoncechenal.com/french-summer-perfumes/
• Gries, L. (2020, September 3). 5 summer fragrances to transport you around the globe through your nose. Lifestyle Asia Bangkok. https://www.lifestyleasia.com/bk/beauty-grooming/grooming/summer-fragrances-around-globe/
• J. (2019, May 9). Perfume Review: Jo Malone Jasmine Sambac & Marigold. Jus de Rose. https://jusderose.com/perfume-review-jo-malone-jasmine-sambac-marigold/
• Mankani, S. (2021, December 30). 9 fragrances that will take you back to your favourite travel destination. Vogue India. https://www.vogue.in/beauty/content/9-fragrances-that-will-take-you-back-to-your-favourite-travel-destination
• Marett, C. (2021, April 13). Scents Of Adventure: 13 Fragrances Inspired By Destinations Around The World. Tatler Asia. https://www.tatlerasia.com/style/beauty/hk-travel-city-inspired-perfumes-fragrances
• Mielke, C. (2022, April 16). Maison Margiela Autumn Vibes Perfume Review. Temptalia: Makeup Reviews, Swatches, Dupes to Help You Shop Smarter! https://www.temptalia.com/maison-margiela-autumn-vibes-perfume-review/
• Mustafa, T. (2021, November 2). Three fragrances to mentally transport you to another destination. Metro. https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/02/three-fragrances-to-mentally-transport-you-to-another-destination-15340496/
• Robinson, C., & Davey, C. (2020, March 19). The best fragrances to transport us right now. CN Traveller. https://www.cntraveller.com/gallery/best-fragrances-travel
• Stewart, G. (2020, June 18). 10 Fragrances That Will Transport You To Your Favourite Vacation Destination. World Travel Magazine | World Travel Magazine Is the Leading Luxury Travel & Lifestyle Magazine. https://www.wtravelmagazine.com/10-fragrances-that-will-transport-you-to-your-favourite-vacation-destination/
• Thomas, K. (2022, January 19). The 15 best summer perfumes that will transport you to the beach without having to step foot on a plane. Marie Claire. https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/beauty-news/best-summer-perfumes-8917
Start your perfume journey today!